Monday, September 5, 2011

Finding and Sharing Repurposed Arts & Crafts

Alongside my own desire to create, another goal I have with Blue Velvet Chair is to find and share repurposed arts & crafts from creative souls around the globe (have you noticed, yet?). Avoiding deep philosophical discussions and lofty text to convey my message, I rely on images to inspire into action. Lately there has been a little more sharing than creating on my part, but while I'm sharing with you, I'm also recharging my own creative think tank and letting ideas 'simmer' in the overflow that is my brain.

So, on to the visual sharing! First up, think...vintage bingo cards!




How about the perfectly shuffled deck of cards?




This sweet little lampshade is made to measure (pun intended).




Just think of the DIY possibilities with this concept!




And finally, of all the vintage silk lampshade ideas I've seen and wanted to try over the years...this one seems the most DIY do-able!




Inspired?

Until next time...
Mike



Stumble this post


5 comments:

  1. fabulous ideas...now they are simmering in my brain too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do these with my disney hats because I have a disney room but I am scared they will burn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone out there reading this have a good suggestion for Elizabeth's concern above? Could you put a think metal or aluminum tin bowl up in the very inside without it being seen? Or, get led lights which have basically no heat to them.

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing a search on Pinterest for upcycled lamp shades, and I was thinking about you......lo and behold, my favorite upcycled lamp shade was one of your pins!! Have you made this???? I want to try it. SO COOL!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com