Friday, September 23, 2011

Trash? Or Art!

Oh, this kind of stuff makes me stop and stare. For a really long time. Like if I were looking at another person it would certainly get uncomfortable! Trash? Or art! There's no doubt in my mind. Art!










The fact that the end of the Queen's nose is a shell is not lost on me. And I would love to have some of those brooches in her crown for my collection. The more you look, the more you'll see. Like the little dinosaurs on the Mona Lisa artwork. Mona also has little toy zebras in the upper left corner. 

Unfortunately, Jane Perkins, the British artist, doesn't seem to have a website. Or at least I haven't been able to track one down yet. Her story goes to show that it's never too late to start to create!

Until next time...
Mike


Stumble this post

5 comments:

  1. ART ALL THE WAY!!!! I am always amazed at how the mind can think of different ways to create the same picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These kind of assemblages really strike a chord with me! Thanks so much for drawing my attention to her work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I secretly hate those jaggy tile mosaics, but I love love junk mosaics. So much to look at. These are beautiful, though almost deflating as I'm sure I could never make something as beautiful!

    I really love these Trash? Or Art! posts! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi all - Jane Perkins (the artist) heard about this post through a friend of hers. She sent a note with her website:

    www.bluebowerbird.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com