Thursday, October 13, 2011

DIY Design Challenge for Meredith

The challenge...Meredith over at Meredith and the New Yorkie  recently found this oversized frame - curbside in New York City - and asked Shaunna from Perfectly Imperfect  and I (here at Blue Velvet Chair) if we had any DIY design ideas for it. What a fun challenge! Okay, it's more a personal challenge than a competitive one, so maybe 'upcycle design project' is more appropriate.


























I had a quick look around Meredith's blog to see if I could get a feeling of her design aesthetic. Her living room gave me the 'feeling' - so now I want to provide her with a few ideas. Meredith, I see you posted that your mom has come up with a brilliant idea for you, but I'm still going to throw in my two cents - just because it was fun to try to come up with ideas for your NY space. I know moms rule...so I can't wait to see what her idea is when you reveal it.


















Look at Meredith's beautiful view of NYC!


















Where could she put the frame? On this wall in her kitchen?



















Perhaps on one of these doors...
or this space above the adorable curbside table that she recently upcycled.




Meredith gets to choose the space, and below are the DIY ideas I'm submitting as back-up just in case Gwyneth (the Yorkie) finds more fabulous frames to upcycle. Here we go!





There you have it. 

Do you have something you would like repurposed or recycled? Send me your requests and let's see what we can come up with!

Until next time...
Michael






5 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I am dying right now!!!! Thank you for these amazing ideas! I will be going through carefully and posting about this later today. Getting my photo taken at work today - I'm usually on the other side of the camera, so I am rushing around and trying to figure out what to wear!!! I cannot wait for the shoot to be over so I can devote 100% of my attention to all of your great suggestions!! Thank you!

    xoxo,
    mk & Gwynnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meredith - What's your work that you are usually behind the camera?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the frame photo holder with clothespin idea! Looks like something you'd see at Restoration Hardware (which I adore). Meredith - Can't wait to see what you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael your ideas are astonishingly fabulously genius! Every single one! You just rock girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed - genius ideas! Love, love, love them all!!!

      Delete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com