Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Favorite Things - 25 DIY Lamps


Cue Debbie Boone, circa 1977.

Well, I have certainly taken advantage of - and extended the 'technical difficulties' blog vacation offered by our friends at Blogger.

So, I think I'll brighten up things again here at the Blue Velvet Chair and share some of the best DIY lamps and chandys that I've come across out there in cyberland while looking for inspiration for our bedroom remodel (yes, it will eventually become a post feature if we can ever get it done).

Tja, jag har verkligen tagit nytta av den "tekniska svårigheter" semestererbjuds av våra vänner på Blogger.
Nu ska jag lysa upp saker igen här på Blue Velvet Chair och visa några av de bästa DIY lampor att jag hittade där ute i cyberland medan jag letar efter inspiration till vårt sovrumsrenovering. 

We start with this fab marble lamp from Objects With Light.
Vi börja med denna lampa från Objects With Light.

plastic bottles - plastflaskor


books - böcker


found objects (trash) - uphittade föremål (skräp) 


eyeglass lenses hung individual by string to form a sphere - 
glasögonglas hängde individ för att bilda en glob


wine glasses and glass vases - vinglas och vaser


used lightbulbs in a wire basket - används glödlampor i en trådkorg


teacups - tekoppar


coffee filters on a paper lantern lamp - kaffefilter på ett papperlykta


paper scraps - papper klipp


Vellum paper - velängpapper


Kara Paslay Designs
Mason jars - mason burkar


Vintage bottles - vintage flaskor


Wine bottles - vinflaskor


Wine bottles - vinflaskor


Clothes hangers - klädhängare


children's toys - leksaker


Marbles - glaskulor


Rubberbands - gummiband


Plastic crates - plastlådor



Reflectors - reflexer


cake tin - tårtalåda


Large industrial whisks - stora industriella vispar


Diet Coke pop tops - läsk tabs


Christmas decoration - juldekoration


renovated vintage chandelier - renoverade vintage taklampa


It's a renovation - and not a repurpose - but I just had to sneak in my renovated chandelier, LuLu, here at the end. 

I hope you are as 'enlightened' with this 'brilliant' dislay of lamp genius as I am. Which one is your favorite?

Det är en renovering och inte en återvända, men jag smyga in min renoverade takkrona, LuLu, här på slutet. Jag hoppas att ni är 'upplysta' med denna 'lysande' visningen av lampgeni som jag är. Vilken är din favorit?

Until next time...
Tills nästa gång...


p.s.  If you enjoyed this post, I hope you'll become a follower of my blog and a fan on FB.

http://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/

7 comments:

  1. The Coffee Filter light is just HUGE!! LOL! Thanks for this, I love the creativity!
    ~Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your renovated chandelier, the glass baubles are so fun! Nice collection of lighting, one of my favorite things - I'm very interested in those industrial whisk pendants - so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *eeek* I feel so special to have my little cake tin lamp on your list with all those great designs! Thanks for the feature ~Merrilee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilliedale...well deserved! I adore all forms of repurposed creativity!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  5. EYE Loveeet!! i'm now following you in facebook. - Daniel Curtis-Smith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Starburst and children's toys Lamp! They are all really gorgeously fantastic! I agree with them all this is really amazing. Nothing more to say.

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com