Friday, April 8, 2011

Black and White

In my world there are shades of gray, but in my son's world there is only black and white. If you read my recent Treasure Hunt blog, you'll remember what I mean. This time I'm so happy that I could join his world of black and white. Kai saw me painting over a canvas that I had previously painted on but didn't like anymore. Without any real plan or thought, I just painted Love Love Love over it (reference the wedding scene from Love Actually). He asked if he could paint something, too. So I pulled out another pre-painted canvas, and this was the result.


I absolutely loved his interpretation of what I was doing...but with reversed out colors. In fact, Kai's is absolutely the better of the two. He even signed his canvas when he was done, like a true artist.


When I began, I thought I was just painting over an old painting that I wasn't happy with anymore. But what I ended up with was a piece of art made by my son. I'm reminded that ALL of us are born artists, but some of us just got lost along the way of growing up. So now our two pieces will sit nestled side-by-side on the shelves as a reminder of how beautiful black and white really is.


Until next time...
M


Also linked to my favorite link parties here!

If you enjoyed this post, I hope you'll become a follower of my blog and a fan on FB.

http://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/





11 comments:

  1. I love that you two have this shared moment and the treasure of your paintings as the passageway back to that precious experience :) Both paintings are wonderful alone, but together they are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hiya , what a great make that you and your son shared , and so lovely that you have them displayed together like that , sweet , tfs . i am visiting from simple home life and am following you now , hope you can drop by mine and follow me too
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this! I love crafts that I can make with my daughter. She is such an artist. I can't wait til we are in our own house and she can decorate our house with her drawings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so beautiful. They look great in the bookshelf.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great comments, everyone. I think the best projects are the simplest and most unexpected, don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious keepsakes!! I hope you stop by the Tuesday To Do party and share it!

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/04/tuesday-to-do-5-and-4-list-makers.html

    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good memories to look back on!
    I know my mom has this cat I painted on some wood.. i hate that thing !! But it makes me think of all the good memories back in the day ... and hey i'm only 19 !
    you can visit me here http://sailingwithbarefeet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your son is a budding artist! Just like mom! thanks for sharing, Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FYI - we featured these on Saturday Spotlight this week - www.greendoordesignsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!!
    Love it!!!!!
    Congrats to both of you!

    Kisses and blessings.
    Mirys
    www.diariodos3mosquetieros.blogspot.com
    from Brazil

    PS: how gorgeous is your son!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com