Thursday, June 30, 2011

Scavenging for DIY Junk Supplies

Dear Lord - please send me a sign that I'm not the only one obsessively scanning the landscape for DIY-supply-junk while driving around these days. I will be looking for a Scavenger's Anonymous group very soon!

Today while out running errands, I asked my husband to "bear with me" and pull over to a junk pile area I had spied from the highway. Having just decided to start carrying my camera around more often, I was prepared for a little blog eye candy goodness. Plus, I already knew in my heart of hearts that I would find a little somethin' somethin' to take home.

Here was my quick 5-minute stopover:

First of all, having grown up in the middle of the U.S. with no natural lakes or ocean, I am a sucker for seagulls. I like them. I like what they stand for. If there are seagulls, then big water is near!  Now I live on the west coast of Sweden - so I get to enjoy lots of seagulls these days. This little guy caught my eye as soon as I hopped out of the car.




This was the pile I spied from the highway. We didn't pick up the pallet today...but I know where it is :-)




This little heavy metal guy did find his way into my car and is now waiting patiently out with my marble slap bits until inspiration hits.



Do you also make random and sudden stops by the side of the road and think..."I can do something with that!" ? If so,  please leave me a little comment sympathy and tell me about your 'condition'.

Until next time...
Michael

7 comments:

  1. I do! And, maybe even worse, I look for stuff for you too! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely do this...in fact, yesterday I was picking the kids up from camp & there was a huge dumpster outside of the building...I just casually strolled by to peak inside...;) nothing good tis time, though...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your not alone Mike, I to am a junkaholic. That pallet is screaming to painted like a flag like in one of your 4th of July DIY projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never stopped to pick anything up on the side of the road, but I bet I'll be taking a closer look on the next road trip now, LOL. I have been known to take things out of the trash or say don't throw that away, I can do something with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've thought about stopping to take a little peek once or twice. But never have. Sadly :( I did spy a pretty hubcap JUST the other day and immediately thought of your cute oversized hubcap flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. deconstructed a box spring today by a dumpster because I wanted the felted fabric to attempt a version of a "wooley planter" for vertical gardening

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com