Friday, July 15, 2011

Repurposed Light Globe Turns Bird Feeder

This is another one for the 'why didn't I think of that' file!

Karen from The Art of Doing Stuff took something that we've all seen a million of over the years, and turned it into something uber-chic for the garden.

From this...



...to this!



Karen even gives us the tips and tricks of how to make them for ourselves.



1/2 hour and $4 was all it took. Glass light globes - another thing to add to my growing thrift store 'search and discover' list. Karen, I can't wait to see what you do next with these old white globes!

Until next time...
Michael

Stumble this post

4 comments:

  1. Hi Michael!

    I would like to invite you (as my new cyber friend) to my 1st blog´s birthday party!!!

    We will have 3 give aways (one for each Musketeer!):
    mommy - pictures (YOU chose the theme)
    son - book
    daughter - nail polish

    It´s all here http://diariodos3mosqueteiros.blogspot.com/2011/07/o-blog-faz-1-ano-e-tem-sorteio.html

    Would you like to give it a try????? We will be very happy to see you around!

    Kisses and blessings.
    Mirys
    www.diariodos3mosqueteiros.blogspot.com
    from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I did this I would have broken glass everywhere, we have squirels that would tear them down to get the seed inside!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com