Friday, February 10, 2012

Friends With Benefits

No...not those kinds of friends with benefits! I'm talkin' about friends who know the manager of a big thrift store and arrange to get you in the store and warehouse before opening hours!

Yesterday I took a drive to my friend L's town about an hour away. They have a great thrift store that is only open 2 days each week - and we had backstage passes! We were on a mission to go through their buttons to restock supplies, but of course we got sidetracked in every direction.



And do you want to know what why I don't mind driving an hour to visit this thrift store (and my friend)? Here's a bit of the view along the way between my town and her town. This is what a typical winter day looks like in West Sweden. No Photoshop. Perhaps it's no wonder that I often describe the weather here as 'gray'. Just 'gray'. But the scenery is divine!


this is a dog kennel


entrance at Nääs Castle


Nääs Castle (although called a castle by translation,
this is more like a mansion house)


up close at Nääs Castle


Nääs Castle bridge


the stone barn at Nääs Castle















Until next time...
Mike


3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a wonderful trip! Those are benefits I would love to have!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect trip to such a fantastic place to shop. Could you tell me the address of this thriftshop I might get a chance to visit it during the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, I want to go next time! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com