Friday, February 10, 2012

What's That ?! - Recycled

It's time for another What's That ?! to take us into the weekend.  Any guesses for the material used for this brightly colored wall art?




Here's a closer look.





Would you believe me if I told you it was...




...the insides of spray paint cans?

The folks at Canlove even use the bottoms and tops of the paint cans for art.





If you caught the "50 Ways to DIY Your Valentine - Recycled and Repurposed" post last weekend, you'll recognize their work from one of the fabulous hearts I featured.

Make sure to hop over to their site and learn how you can get involved by donating cans, time, money or space. Help support their 'No Can Left Behind' campaign to clean up the environment and create new and beautiful art.

Until next time...
Mike



Stumble this post

8 comments:

  1. Holy cow! That's amazing. I've always felt guilty of not knowing what to do with spent spray cans. Totally inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian - make sure to check out their site (if you don't decide to DIY with your cans). You can send the cans to them.
      M

      Delete
  2. OH that is amazing! LOVE that first one! Thanks for sharing this - I'm off to check out their website!



    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Now all I need is my own house full of gallery-style walls to be able to have stuff like this around.

      Delete
  3. That's just too cool! Glad to know at least SOMEONE is reusing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I wish they had a depot here in Europe that I could help collect abandoned cans for.

      Delete
  4. genius! What a worthy endeavor and the artful results are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane - isn't it just amazing to think about how creative minds work?
      M

      Delete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com