Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Recycled and Repurposed Winter Scarves

Checked off my list this past weekend:
Make Divine Little Miss M a funky little skirt from recycled winter scarves.




Pin It



This gave her plenty to jump about...




...and plenty to dance about.




Check out the tutorial that shares all my secrets about hacking my way through this sewing experiment to create a funky little one-of-a-kind winter skirt for my one-of-a-kind little chica.

Did you see my other sewing experiments from 2011?
-Vintage silk souvenir scarf dress (this was my favorite last year)
-1 Shirt repurposed to girl's dress and leg warmers
-3 recycled Ts become 1 graphic girl's dress

Real seamstresses beware! My hack sewing methods are not for the faint of heart! See that little pink shrug she's wearing around her arms? Those are the leftover legs from a too-short pair of leggings. More on that with the how-to tutorial.

Until next time...
Michael


Stumble this post

10 comments:

  1. She is rockin' that scarf skirt! It's got a super-cool-chick-bohemian vibe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gwen! I'm trying to figure out if I could get away with it in adult size. Next picture may be me jumping off the sofa :-)

      Delete
  2. I love it, so fits her too!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laurie! That hack sewing style worked on this one!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Vivienne - thanks for the appreciation AND for the share!
      Michael

      Delete
  4. just found your blog and I must say as an actual seamstress-not horrified at all.it works and she is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank goodness that is coming from a real seamstress! You made my day.

      I'm loving looking through your creations! Have several to share with Blue Velvet Chair readers now. Thanks! Following you via e-mail now.

      Delete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com