Sunday, May 27, 2012

High Tea - Chandelier

This jaw-dropping chandelier brings new meaning to high tea!




Makes me want to hop right on the plane and head to Valencia in Spain where this boutique is located, just to stand with head tilted upwards, staring at these stunning beauties. And I am SO trying to figure out how everything is connected to create such wonderful whimsy. I understand the stacked teacup arms, but how are the plates attached?

And now I'm thinking of this teacup chandelier that I posted on Facebook back in April. How can one forget such a spectacular creation?





Seriously. It's time. Time for high tea. Time to try one of these!

Until next time...
Mike

6 comments:

  1. amazing!!! that would be a serious undertaking, but I'd love to see you make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how the plates in the second pic are attached but I'll have to talk it out with you in person. In the third pic they have most likely drilled a hole through the middles with a special drill bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How amazing!!!

    Just stopped by to let you know that I featured your DIY dragonflies and butterflies on my round tuit post this week!
    Round Tuit 103
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea. I made a wreath for my dining room years ago with tea cups and saucers and spoons. I used a vine wreath as base glued on the cups, etc and filled in with old hankies, lace and silk flowers. I saw one in a magazine and ran with it. Turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really want that... Like now.

    - Angela Marie @ http://sunkissedivory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com