Monday, May 21, 2012

Monday Brain Works


It's Monday! Time to get the brain churning to get us through the week.

And what does that take? I heard mind puzzles are good. And coffee.

Know what else works?

A dose of "What's That ?!"

So off  we go. Can you guess what this fun and funky kitchen backsplash is made from in the very first photo?





No? Okay, I'll give you another picture to help boost the brain power. I understand, the week is young.





Are you like me, stopping and looking at the individual tile images for clues? I tried...but couldn't find any.

And when I saw a close-up photo of the tiles...still didn't register for me. How about you?





What? Really?

How can you go from this....





...to this!




With a whole lot of creativity and a wide awake brain, that's how!

Hmmm...my brain is a bit slower, and this is the only option I've got in my garage...tucked in behind the mower that I put to good use yesterday.




And I remember that K painted the backside to cover a very boring basic brown - so I flipped it over to have a look. Not bad color choice...I wonder if he'd know it's missing.




I mean I love him and all, but I've never seen him practice enough to try this...




...and he's young, so I definitely don't want to see this!





But I could definitely think about something like this.



Or even this.


via broodr


And this is just TOO COOL!





But alas, I've only got this to work with.




Anyone want to meet me at the skateboard park?




Until next time...
Mike


10 comments:

  1. yes!!! my body will be shrouded in bubble wrap but i'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome "subway tile" idea. I couldn't guess at first. All the colors would go with anything. Make a shelf out of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brian - I LOVE the mix of colors, too! Gonna have to get my son to agree to donate his neglected skateboard...perhaps if it goes in his room it will work :-)

      Delete
  3. Great and creative ideas. As well as your story telling way :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son would love something like that. It would be great for one wall of his room! hmmmm what other great things can we come up with for a wall?? I'm going to do a wall in my craft/workshop with boards from pallets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com