Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Possibilities of Art

Thank goodness for creative people that awaken us to the possibilities of art. My favorite kind of art is public! And it doesn't have to be in the form of a traditional painting or sculpture to make me seriously swoon. Like these wall carving portraits by Portuguese artist Alexandre Farto (aka Vhils).



Shanghai


Italy


London


London


Moscow


Portugal


Portugal


Honestly, I don't think I'll ever look at a crumbling wall the same again. Make sure to click through to Vhils' site to see more amazing examples of his carved wall portraits.

And given that I talked about a wall painting on the side of a house this past weekend on Facebook - it's a safe bet to say that I've got big outdoor wall art on my brain. 



Would you dare to have a painting on the side of your house?

Until next time...
Mike






4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous post! I don't think my husband would go for an outdoor painted wall, but inside might be a different story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating stuff Mike! I have been keeping all my broken cups, saucers, plates etc, for the last 30 years to do a mosaic on a wall, so when I finally get it done I will let you know! Thanks for showing us such interesting things:) Cheers Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, thanks for this discovery. Art and creativity are really limitless. I think you would also like one artist I mentioned on my blog:

    http://creactiveallaround.blogspot.com/

    All the best,
    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I really like what I see with the carving on the naturally distressed buildings and surfaces. So attractive and will be a continual work of art as it degrades naturally over time.

    ReplyDelete

I'm listening! And responding - so let's create some buzz together for recycled and repurposed arts and crafts.

Related Post for bluevelvetchair.blogspot.com